The vision of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is to be regionally, nationally and internationally recognized in providing mechanical engineering education, leading to well qualified engineers who are innovative, immediate contributors to their profession and successful in advanced studies.
A commitment to continuing education and technical competency in solving engineering problems, consistent with the ethics of the profession, and serving the needs of local, national, and multinational communities and enterprises.
Advancement in their professional careers, including the attainment of increased technical or managerial capabilities.
Continual improvement in effective technical and non-technical communication and teamwork.
- To provide state of the art facilities in research.
- To create and spread the knowledge through research.
- To encourage the students to become pioneers in technology.
- To enhance the skill and talent of the students.
The mission of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is to educate, prepare, inspire students to excel as professionals and contribute to the country and mankind as a whole. Throughout their careers and responsibilities of engineering. This is accomplished by
- Providing the facilities and environment conducive to a high quality education, well grounding the students in the fundamental principles of engineering and preparing them for diverse careers.
- Engaging in academic, research and scholarly activities, which strengthen the major’s regional, national, and international reputation.